Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lo Siento!

I know, I'm the worst. I start this epic blog and have thousands of page views from all over the world and then I up and leave you high and dry. I really can't blame anything or anyone but myself, however, when you stop receiving satisfactory fodder to work with, you really start to get lazy. I appreciate those that have sent me articles or actual online emails and keep them coming. I do plan to use them. I guess I took a vacation, partially, because I was being compared to the quintessential single girl; Carrie Bradshaw.

FUCK THAT!


I am in no way, shape or form, that character. Ok, I take it back. I am in no way, that character ANY MORE!

Let's back track, shall we? A long time ago, in a world full of trees, hippies, ducks and more trees, lived a melancholic, anxiety ridden romantic who would write sappy, faux Fiona Apple songs on her out of tune upright piano, hoping her voice would be heard and her heart captured. Well, it was. By the college, non-profit version of Mr. Big.

He can't even come up with his own vows!

He wasn't tall or dark and many would consider him boyishly cute, not handsome. However, he was confident, obnoxiously articulate and gravely charming. He seduced the fake Joni Mitchell into an over-the-top love affair that would stretch over a decade. This may sound eerily similar to the fictional tv series, but one thing is true: Big didn't end up with Carrie in real life. Neither in Candace Bushnell's life and in mine. And because I endured this roller coaster of an emotional joke early on, the idealistic escapist in me matured and became realistic, not hard. I've fallen in love with others, just like Carrie, but was smart enough to realize Big would never love anyone other than himself.

So, please, please, please, do not compare me. For she is a character and I just play one in real life.



Also, I'm really more like Miranda!





No comments:

Post a Comment